RE: where are the proofers???

- -----Original Message-----
From:	'A. Joseph Ross' [SMTP:lawyer@world.std.com]
Sent:	Sunday, March 29, 1998 1:02 AM
To:	SteveOrdinetz
Cc:	PWerlin;
Subject:	Re: where are the proofers???

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> Not a mistake I'm likely to have noticed. I have no use for those 2-letter
> state abbreviations....it's not always obvious which state it's an
> abbreviation for. For example, which state is MI the abbreviation for?
> Michigan?  Missouri? Mississippi, Minnesota?  Whose bright idea were these,
> anyway?

The post office, I think.  I'm just guessing, but I'd say that Minnesota
is probably MN, and either Missouri or Mississippi is MS.
Mississippi is MS, Missouri is MO, Montana is MT, Maine is ME, Massachusetts is MA, Maryland is MD, Michigan is MI, Minnesota is MN

 I'd also guess
that Arkansas is AR.  One might think that Arizona would be AR, but I
think that's AZ.  AK is Alaska.

I don't really think the postal codes are that hard to remember.

Of course, society seems to have changed to where memorization is a bad thing

I think it to be  good "excersice" for the brain!

- -Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH