Re: WNHT's fatal error

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Ed Brouder wrote:

> Kevin's explanation of Channel 21's demise is overly simple.

  The only point I was trying to make was that when they switched from
being an IND for CBS they threw away what loyal audience they had built up
showing reruns, and were starting from scratch with far more overhead.

> WMUR's transition to a serious news power actually began in July 1981,
> weeks after the Imes management took over.  Norman Fein, a former ABC/NBC

  Argeed--  But it was the 1984 NH primary that finally enabled WMUR to
win back trust with viewers.