Re: Brattleboro-Keene Market, part II

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Rick Kelly wrote:

> Well, I know WJIV's signal in Albany is mighty impressive, so Brattleboro
> wouldn't be that great a leap.

Back in the early 1950s, when I lived in Albany, we regularly heard
educational radio programs piped into our classroom on the school's PA
system.  The thing was called the "School of the Air" and the ID was of a
station in Cherry Valley.  I wonder whether this is the same station.

Does anyone know anything about that station or about the "School of the
Air"?  I think that was where I first heard of FM radio.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/