"Black Monday"'s ANYWHERE!/EVERYWHERE!/ANYTIME!

Donna, speaking of jobs coming and going....  I'm sure most of us would
*love* to hear you share about your experience at WRKO.  You started as
a "hitline operator" you said?  I remember seeing an article by you in
Billboard when you were the PD.  I know this was a tumultous time at RKO
.  How long were you there?

What was the experience like?  And how did it end?

BM

- -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Wednesday, 18-Mar-98 01:23 AM
>
> From: Halper, Donna            \ Internet:    (dlh@donnahalper.com)
> To:   SkaCore9mm               \ America Online: (SKACORE9MM)
> cc:   Boston Radio Mail List   \ Internet:
> (boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.)
>
> Subject: Re: "Black Monday" at WGIR-FM.
>
> it was written--
>
> >IT is a shame what happened to GIR. It was the last good AOR. I loved
it. It
> >is a shame
>
> Long ago, I learnt to be suspicious when the press release about the
sale
> said "the new owners have promised not to make any changes."  That's
radio
> talk for "everyone will be fired and we have a new format all picked
out..."
> It happened to me twice-- new owners met with all of us and swore up
and
> down our jobs were safe... but suddenly, we were all history.  The
first
> time, it was a shock.  The second time, I was a lot more philosophical
.  But
> I wish there were more respect paid to what a station and its staff
has
> accomplished.  At one station, I had the third highest numbers in my
daypart
> in the market (24 stations, I might add) but I was still replaced...
Yes it

- -------- REPLY, End of original message --------