Re: Legal Payola?

>Paying for airplay is legal as long as the station announces it; and that's
>just what KUFO did. It used a produced announcement before the track
>identifying it as a new song "brought to you by Flip/Interscope."
>Aren't the 90's so politically correct?

I can't imagine what "political correctness" (a term so overused by now
as to be completely meaningless) has to do with it.

How is paying for a song to air (as long as it's announced) any different
from a commercial for any other product?  After all, commercial radio
(and a lot of non-commercial radio too) is a business...

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu