RE: "Black Monday" at WGIR-FM.

PETER GEORGE wrote:
>     I cannot help but wonder WHY the new owners decided to purge a good
>amount of WGIR-FM's on air talent to rebroadcast WHEB in Portsmouth.
 After
>all, Manchester is New Hampshire's largest city and WGIR-FM commands a
>larger audience than WHEB-FM could ever muster.  It would make "sense"
>to reverse the simulcast to put HEB on GIR-FM.  What you are seeing is
>the destruction of something that took nearly twenty years to build.  I
>can smell the "beancounters", even down here.

<sarcasm on>
By inference, Manchester has "better talent".  Generally speaking, better
talent =
better pay.  Better pay = higher operating costs.  To reduce operating
costs,
substitute less expensive talent.  Cut costs even more: eliminate talent
altogether.
Radio will soon not be entertainment, but merely the business of selling
commercial
time interspersed with filler (animal byproducts, corn meal, sawdust,
floor scrapings)
<sarcasm off>

<rant on>
Twenty years to build - so what?  It's history - in the wink of an eye.
 Sorry pal,
that's business.  Radio (talent) is treated like farm animals to which
the farmer's
children learn not to become attached - today's pet pig is tomorrows
breakfast.
Moral: You better not like a radio station too much, because it'll be
gone soon.
And that's DoublePlusUnGood
<rant off>

Why don't I feel better about it, now?