No Subject

Subject: Capstar's Secret Plot.

I think I know the motive behind what Capstar is doing.

Could they be on the verge of buying the Boston holdings of ARS that the
 latter will have to get rid of in the CBS/ARS merger?

I say this because the northern New England outlets could eventually wind-
 up (if Capstar buys the Boston ARS stations) simulcasting the Boston outlets,
 bringing their programming into New Hampshire and parts of Maine.

If that's the case, WGIR-AM (as an example) could end up simulcasting WRKO,
 as might Worcester's WTAG. WGIR-FM and WHEB-FM may be simulcast partners for
 WAAF (which could move to 93.7 to give 'AAF a stronger in-Boston signal).
 And several outlets could simulcast WEEI's sports talk shows and events.

Joseph Gallant

<notquite@hotmail.com>