Accents (was Re: WAYU)

At 11:28 AM 3/14/98 EST, Dan Billings wrote:
I deal with a lot of people from around the
>country in my work and I just get tired of people saying "You must not be
from
>Maine originally because you do not have an accent."

Funny thing about accents (or lack thereof).  In my mid 20s I spent a few
years in Seattle.  People who knew where I was from said "you don't have
much of an accent" while people who didn't know where I was from would say
"you talk like you're from Massachusetts". <grrrr>

Steve
from N.H., not Mass.