Re: Portsmouth Radio

Rick Kelly wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 01:54:00 -0500 Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
> writes:
>
> >Oh my gawd!!!  A name from my past-- is that the same Dick Walsh who
> >used to own WABK in Augusta?
>
> And, (yet another gasp) is he the same Dick Walsh who was owner of WQRC,
> Barnstable and engineer at Grahm Junior College in the early seventies?
>
> >I used to consult for him and he STILL owes me money... he and Jeff
> Fisher >were partners, but then they had a dispute of
> >some sort, and the entire thing turned into a soap opera...
>
> I believe Fisher was owner of WSPR, Springfield in the early eighties...
>
> Rick Kelly

In fact the purchase of WSPR by Fisher in 1977 led to my first full time radio
gig.  Around October 77 they moved some of the staff from WFTN, Franklin down
to Springfield leaving on air openings.  One of the jocks leaving was another
former Grahm student, Tom Pagnotti.  I moved to Franklin from my part time gig
at 3WD Schenectady to nights at WFTN.  My 66 Dark Blue VW Bug lasted one
year.

Today WFTN is CHR and still runs Paul Harvey thrice a day.

The PD in 77-78 was Norm Theibeault. (TEE-BOW).  Anyone know his
whereabouts?  Pagnotti?

Hopper

- --WebTV-Mail-1120879170-2035--