Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Scott D Fybush wrote:

> The only three-letter calls that could now be created in the region
> are WBZ-FM, WGY-FM/TV, WOR-FM/TV, and WGR-FM/TV.  All have existed in
> the past, except for WGY-TV.

WGY-FM?  Wasn't it WGFM?

How did Westinghouse get to call its Baltimore station WJZ-TV after WJZ in
New York became WABC?

I thought I read once that there was a college (Somewhere in Texas, I
believe) that had an AM station many years ago with a three-letter call
and, years later, put an FM on the air and got to use that three-letter
call with the -FM suffix.  I also remember when WMGM in New York got to
since then?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/