Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

>Sean:
>
>You're forgetting that this is a federally-licensed business, and
>DISCRIMINATION is illegal (as it SHOULD be).

True. But where does discrimination end and free enterprise begin? I guess
this can be a touchy issue. You do make a very vaild point with the fact
that broadcast outlets are federally-licensed. However, if the station
owner wishes not to sell to a particular outfit not based on discrimination
but on sound of the station (maybe he feels that program will not fit in on
his airwaves) then I don't see the problem. Reaction?

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net