Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, 'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> Quite the contrary.  I think the courts would uphold the right of the
> station to refuse to run programs that don't fit its format.  Can Rush
> Limbaugh force stations to carry his program against their will?

Rush Limbaugh is not a time broker.  Stations *pay* to carry his show, not
the other way around.

The question is, if I make my living by selling blocks of time on a radio
station, can I legally refuse to do business with someone if I don't like
his religion? Remember, radio stations are *publicly* licensed; their
frequencies belong to you and me, not to their licensees.  Licensees are
only trustees and are supposed to operate in the public "interest,
convenience and necessity."

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com