re.WSAR

I was in high school when WSAR switched from beautiful music to top 40,around
68 or 69 I think.We thought that it was great to have our own local rocker!
Some of the jocks I remember working there include;Harvey Holiday,Rob
Hunter,Tom McMurray, Ted Webb,Rick King,Rick Robbins,Frank Scott,another
<Johnnie Dark>.and others.Of  WSAR was known as the 5000 watt Giant believe
it or not. They even had  a 25 foot high Paul Bunyon figure made up which was
displayed  at Low Price Lenny,s at the gob shop western auto.Another
promotion they ran was the WSAR auction.You had to collect WSAR funny money
at local merchants and bid for merchandise offered the radio.A great little
radio station for a few years.