Re: Red Sox on WHDH

Joe wrote--

>Yes, I remember those sponsors.  When you say that "baseball moved over
>from WNAC to WHDH, do you mean Red Sox baseball?  I remember the Braves on
>WNAC much later than that.

You are probably right-- it was the Red Sox that moved over to WHDH around
1948, and that's where I recall hearing them when I was a kid.  I was never
a Braves fan so I have no idea who their sponsors were-- but Shepard was a
wizard at getting shows sponsored.  Given his love and support of FM (he was
president of the FM Broadcasters Inc.), I wonder if he ever put any baseball
on his FM in the 1940s... he simulcasted all sorts of stuff from WNAC over
to his FM...