Re: Red Sox on WHDH

Dan wrote--
>> Anyhow, in those days, it was customary to "re-create" away games from a
>> (Western Union?) ticker. This scheme also made it possible to delay the
>> broadcast of one game when the two teams played at the same time.

The delay and the recreation absolutely went on-- at WHO in Des Moines, a
certain future president, Ronald "Dutch" Regan, became famous for his
ability to recreate games... but in Boston, I am not sure this went on as
often.  Shepard had 2 stations to use, and if one game was on WNAC, he put
the other on WAAB.  Of course, in  mid-1943, the FCC decided that WAAB had
to leave Boston (remember when duopoly was a no-no?), so after that, I think
the games were alternated-- WNAC did a Braves game one day, and then a Red
Sox game.  I haven't seen any evidence that the games went to any other
stations in that time-frame, although virtually all of the Boston stations
had big name sportscasters who could have aired them...