Re: WEVD (was WFAN New York)

>Last week on LTAR, Donna was talking about the fact that religious
>broadcasters seem to be only Christian, and that there don't seem to be
>many Jewish, Muslim, and Buddhist broadcasters.  While the Forward is
>hardly a religious organization, WEVD is the only station I know of owned
>by an explicitly Jewish organization (As opposed to owners like Arnie
>Ginsburg who just happen to be Jewish).  Are there any others?

I think I heard one time that there was a Jewish station originating from
somewhere in Rockland County, NY (NW of NYC, across the Hudson from
Westchester County).  Very orthodox, I believe.  I think the chance of
there ever being a reform Jewish station is even less than a Christian
station carrying only Methodist and Lutheran programs.

Larry Weil
Reform Jew and proud of it!