Re: Red Sox on WHDH

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> I haven't been able to totally track it down, but it does seem that baseball
> moved over from WNAC to WHDH around 1947 or 1948.  It was still on WNAC
> (WAAB had moved to Worcester) in 1944-5...  by 1949, the Red Sox games are
> listed as WHDH.  When I was a kid, I recall Curt Gowdy and, I think, Bob
> Murphy was his sidekick?  Ned Martin came later... sponsors were
> Narragansett Beer Hi neighbor, have a 'Gansett) and Atlantic Gasoline
> (Atlantic keeps your car on the go...).

Yes, I remember those sponsors.  When you say that "baseball moved over
from WNAC to WHDH, do you mean Red Sox baseball?  I remember the Braves on
WNAC much later than that.

I thought Curt Gowdy's sidekick was Don Gillis, or whas that later.

What were the sponsors of Braves games?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/