Re: Bathroom Songs

I've been at many a station where a keen ear was kept on the hall monitor
or a portable six transistor pocket radio taken from the chief engineer's
desk during that "all important station break".  Nothing stands out more in
my memory than a now notorious bathroom break during a NY Mets game when at
WHUC -AM in Hudson in the spring of 1969.
 I was about to relieve the pm drive jock when I saw him bolt through the
lobby aimed at the control room during what  was a station break for the NY
METS over the WJRZ radio net.   The jock (all 250 lbs plus), hurled himself
on to the old Collins board in a somewhat code-blue frantic..what I heard
on the hall monitor was this from game announcer::  ..'YOU'RE LISTENING TO
NY METS BASEBALL ON ON WJRZ..(click) HUDSON NEW YORK ...and then back to
the crowd noise and the game...At 250 watts...the FCC never
noticed..management neither!