Ingram(s)

>One of Dan Ingram's sons is married to Pat Carroll of WCBS NewsRadio 88 in

NYC.  I don't know if it's Chris or not.  But Pat left WELI in New Haven to

work at WEEI when it was all-news, then went to WHDH, then WCBS.  Maybe it
is Chris, since he may have been at 'EEI at the same time.  Don't know what

he's up to, either.
>Ed Hennessy

I remember one evening, years ago, Chris was over at my apt. and we flipped
on the stereo to WHTT ("Hit Radio 103") and we just sat and *listened* to
his dad on the air with his countdown show.  You could see that Chris was
still in awe of his dad's air talent.  But Chris definitely made it his own
way.  I remember him saying that any success he made could likely be seen
as due to his father's position in the business - but it really wasn't that
way at all, and shortly after, he was off to the former Newsradio 590 WEEI
(assignment ed.?).

An early 80s Sunday afternoon jock shift I while Chris was on in the news
room that day (yes, weekend news).  He came in to tell me that his dad was
on the way from NYC to meet him so they could take off after Chris's news
shift.  All I could think of was "There is Dan Ingram.  In his car.
Finding 980 AM on his radio. Listening to this schlep imposter of a jock!
Me!"  I kept thinking that if only his first impression was in say, two
years, then only maybe I could feel a bit better about what he heard.  When
he arrived, however, he was great about it. He walked into the air studio
to say hello.  I took the leap and asked, "So Dan, spill it.  Should I take
up vacuum cleaner sales?"  He replied, "No, they suck too much...but speak
a little louder when I drive beneath overpasses and you'll be okay."

Bill O'Neill