Re: Small school stations

I think all the high school stations in Maine are now all gone.  There used
to be stations at Shed High School in Eastport, Morse High School in Bath,
and Brunswick High School.

Dale Arnold was instrumental in starting the Brunswick station in the early
1970's and got his start in radio there.  He later graduated in the first
class at Mt. Ararat High School in Topsham, Maine in 1974.  I graduated from
the same school in 1986.  (I think Dale's probably our most famous graduate.
 At least one of us made it in broadcasting.)  The Brunswick station closed
up shop in the early 1980's and the frequency is now filled at 91.9 by
religous WMSJ Harpswell.

The Morse station was the on the air through the late 1980's and may still
exist.  In the 1980's, I did high school sports on WKXA Brunswick (now
WCLZ-AM) with the guy that was the advisor of the station.  (I must be
getting old, I can't remember his name, Fred something)  He advised the
station and did all the engineering.  I seem to remember that the staion
disapeared when he retired as a teacher, but I may be wrong.

Dan Billings
Bodoinham, Maine