A Challenge

After reading all the discussions about local radio vs satellite,
religion and it's repeaters, variety vs. small playlists, personalities
vs. jukebox, and "what I'd do if I had a radio station" posts...

It's time to put our money where our mouth is.  Let's pool our money, buy
a languishing AM (WSME?), let the techno-geeks among us shape up the
engineering inequities (yes, even improve that antenna system) and broker
time to local people who really want to do local radio "their way" - let
them sell commercial time to subsidise their show.  That takes care of
talent and sales operations.

It sure beats running a pirate station.  More like community cable access
without pictures to get in the way.  Why, we could even charge people to
"learn how to be a DJ" on the overnight.  Heck, we might as well call it
"Northeast Broadcasting".

When it's successful, we can buy more AM's in other markets and become a
huge "local" broadcast consortium.  Then we'll sell out to a conglomerate
and retire.

I got my First Phone (usta be) in a frame. To whom shall I make out my
check?

<G>

Roger