Re: WSME Sanford

On 24 July 1997 at 10:13 a.m., you wrote:

>When they were WJCC about 12 or so years ago, we at TrafficNet in
>Providence provided their traffic reports.  We couldn't pick them up in the
>TNet studios no matter what they or we did.  Kind of hard to check up on a
>client when you can't receive them!

You cannot even hear them here in Boston. I remember about the same time
they tried to be a Boston talk station; they even hired a respected local
Boston newspaper columnist and Curry professor Dick Sinnott to hold down
the PM drive shift. That seems weird, how the station was trying to be a
Bostonn station yet it had Providence traffic reports?

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net