Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/17:

Sean P. Smyth wrote:

> On 21 July 1997 at 12:03 a.m., you wrote:
>
> >After WCOP flipped to a different
> >format, WKBR was the only station with a local signal that played top 40
> >music after 10 PM (WMEX had Jerry Williams and WBZ had Bob Kennedy.).
>
> I really wish I was alive back then. I would love to be able to hear some
> of that radio from the 1950s, as Top 40 radio back then was really Top 40
> radio and there were some genuine personalities on the air everywhere. Of
> course, these people had training grounds to develop some of their schtick,
> something which they do not have now with all of these suburban stations
> going satellite. A good reason why we need to bring back Class D and start
> up some smaller stations. A minor leagues of sorts. (Editorial ended.)

> Sean Smyth
> Smyth Sports Enterprises
> 10 Linley Terrace
> South Boston, Mass. 02127
> 617/268-7012
> Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
> ssmyth@tiac.net

My frist radio gig was in Hilo Hawaii in 1956- I was board-opping a lot
of stuff from our Honolulu affiliate. My favorite was an afternoon jock
named Bill Anderson- He was smooth, sophiscated, hip- everything I
wanted to be. He left radio and the islands and moved to California,
where he changed his name and became an actor named: Adam West!

Larry Miller