Martha's Vineyard DX

A vacation wouldn't be a vacation without a little DXing...

The following are out-of-area signals heard during _daytime_ hours last
weekend from Vineyard Haven:
(partial list)
560 WGAN Portland
570 WMCA NYC
600 WICC Bridgeport
660 WFAN NYC
*700 ? "Country 700" Canadian (NS)
710 WOR NYC
*740 ? Long Island (Country, simulcasting FM)
760 WVNE Leicester
770 WABC NYC
820 WNYC NYC
880 WCBS NYC
1010 WINS NYC
1050 WEVD NYC
1130 WBBR NYC
1190 WLIB NYC
1250 WARE Ware
1660 WJDM Elizabeth
(the "Saltwater Path Theory" proves itself again!)

Didn't bother with much DX at night, WMAQ (670 Chicago) had a great signal,
though. WNFT (1150) also had a better signal than its latest simulcast
partner WEEI (850). I was surprised that I couldn't hear WQEW (1560) during
the day while all the other big NYCs were booming in...

*Could someone tell me which stations these may be? Currently I have no www
access (I'm using a borrowed machine), and am unable to check the various
databases. Thanks...

- -dbb

Doug Bassett
1490/WKVT
Brattleboro, Vt.
"Opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my employers and/or co-workers."

[97]