Re: History Timelines etc. (99.5 division)

> >> Of course, if Greater Media bought 99.1 it might make just as much sense
> to shut it down and move 99.5 to Needham or the Pru.<<
>
> Spacing to Plymouth isn't the sole consideration.  Both Needham and the Pru
> are forbidden locations for 99.5.  Anything closer than 17 km (10.6 miles)
> from One Financial Center violates the 10.6/10.8 MHz i.f. spacing
> requirements vis-a-vis WERS.

Could American Tower Systems get a new client for the WEGQ stick in
Middleton?  Seems to me (without trying to dig out the relevant maps
from the moving boxes...) that it's 17 km from that tower to WERS.

Better yet, if the owners of 99.1 and 99.5 were sufficiently motivated,
they could probably do a deal to turn in the 99.1 license, move 99.5B
to 99.3B or B1, allocated to Watertown or some other nearby-to-Boston
community, and put the stick at 128 or the Pru.

They'd need to do some juggling out in the hinterlands, like moving
Kennebunkport (to 99.5A?), Block Island (to 99.1A, unless it would be short
spaced to WPLR), and maybe even Northampton (to 99.5A, I'd imagine).

It's not unprecedented; larger-scale frequency shifts have been done
in the Southwest and elsewhere...

- -s