Re: History Timelines etc

<<On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 07:24:42 -0400 (EDT), Rob Landry <umar@wcrb.com> said:

> For that format Boston is not nearly as important as Norfolk County and
> Middlesex ex-County (what do you call a county that has just been
> abolished?).

I think you call it a ``County'' (with no government), just as in
Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Vermont (and probably Maine and New
Hampshire as well).

> WPLM covers Norfolk County without a problem as far as I
> know, so the question is could they put a good enough signal over
> Middlesex to compete with us?  I suspect the answer is yes.

Of course, that depends on which part of Middlesex... the southern
part (Framingham), yes; the northern part, no.  That's why the notion
of a 99.1-99.5 combination makes so much sense.  I'm given to
understand that 'OAZ management has made several overtures towards
'PLM's interitor, but she won't talk to them or even return their
phone calls.  Appartently, so long as she doesn't lose too much money,
she's not interested in selling.

- -GAWollman

- --