Re: History Timelines etc

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, 'A. Joseph Ross' wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Rob Landry wrote:
>
> > I heard a rumor about a year and a half ago that WBOQ's owners intended to
> > buy WPLM and use it to simulcast WBOQ.  I haven't heard anything about it
> > in a long time, though, so I guess it must have been only a rumor.
>
> I did, too.  Probably right here in this forum.  It would have helped
> some, but not much.  WPLM doesn't have a really good signal into Boston
> either.

For that format Boston is not nearly as important as Norfolk County and
Middlesex ex-County (what do you call a county that has just been
abolished?).  WPLM covers Norfolk County without a problem as far as I
know, so the question is could they put a good enough signal over
Middlesex to compete with us?  I suspect the answer is yes.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com