Re: FW: Oops 7/4 and no respect for history

Dan Strassberg wrote:

>That she would think what she wrote is no surprise. That she might let her
>colleagues at the station know her thoughts is no surprise. That she would
>put such thoughts in e-mail was just plain stupid. Given that e-mail is so
>easily distributed, her response contains the seeds of a small PR disaster.
>Find some other groups to which you can post her response. Send it to the
>Herald! I'd say the Globe, but...

        The story idea to try to float to the Globe and/or Herald is WRKO
ignoring its anniversary. And there is a superlative there--the oldest
surviving station that began in Boston. Contrast that with WBZ's
celebration last year. It is a genuinely decent story idea for the local
media, as WRKO doing nothing does tie in, I bet, with the idea that going
after a younger audience means don't talk about ancient history.