Re: WQDY Calais

<< QDY has changed format over the years.  I've followed them since 1985, and
they have been solid AC/CHR some summers and country the next.  I'd agree
about the current format... they are trying to please everyone... but I bet
they are pretty solid CHR at night.

 Regarding WHRR... well, I don't get it.  That area of Maine is severely
depressed, and I'm not sure if the area could support another signal.  Also,
wouldn't a considerable amount of signal go out over the ocean, Bay of Fundy,
etc.?  From my scan of the area, I'd say you broadcasting to a lot of rock,
water, and trees... none of them provide revenue.

 Rick Kelly

You are correct about WQDY at night, they are solid CHR, when not running the
Sox.  They even have a jock with a CHR style that sounds totally different
than the rest of the guys on the station.

As for WHRR, I agree entirely.  There are only 35,000 people in Washington
County and the area is very poor.  WQDY gets some advertisers out of St.
Stephens and I suspect that getting into New Brunswick is part of the plan
for WHRR, but there are not a lot of people right across the border.  The big
signal might get them into St. John, but I don't the station would make much
impact there.

Does anyone know who the owners of the station are or what they plan to do
with the station?  The only thing I can think of is religion.  (Ugh)

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine