Re: WSBK was Ch 35

On 4 July 1997 at 1:18 p.m., you wrote:

>>Are duopolies permitted with TV stations?
>>
>I don't know, but I recall Scott Fybush reporting that, in Providence, at
>least one (and maybe both) of the VHF stations have LMAed UHFs.

Channel 10 (WPRO) in Providence operates the new WB affiliate, WLWC
(channel 28), in an LMA. WPRI, channel 12, operates the Fox affiliate,
WNAC, channel 64, also in an LMA arrangement. However, I think a full-power
television duopoly is not legal; I believe the two low-powered television
stations in Nashua, for example, are owned by the same outfit.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net