88.7?

Bill Vlahos says:

>did anyone hear the signal on 88.7 yesterday.  I'm from Haverhill, MA, and
therewas a >re-broadcast of one of the Boston Police's repeaters right
throught the late afternoon...

Hmmm.  Was it clearly audible, or did it sound a bit fuzzy?  I wonder if
there was some sort of intermod product causing the 88.7 signal.  The BPD
repeaters are on the Pru, and perhaps some odd mixing product between the
repeater and some of the other Pru RF caused it to pop up on 88.7.  It's
possible, though unlikely without a new transmitter appearing someplace for
it to not have occurred before.

Ed Hennessy