Re: Programming satellite vs local

.... A major DJ name in the market like Jim Sands is on the
> air weekend nights. It may not be that big a deal, but I'd say count your
> blessings for being in a top 10 market. Here in Hartford, a 40-something
> market, there is almost no effort made to do anything except push buttons
> and read liners, seven days a week.

It was great watching Jim at work in the studio at HDH on Sat. nights.
Donna, you must have a memory about that?  I remember the 16" QRKs (which
were, smartly, never replaced by newer models....) in the Master Cntrl.
room and the two T/Rs going full blast.  He redefined the concept of "I
work alone."  He did the work of three people to keep the all-request show
going for five straight hours (no top hour news, either.)