Re: Simulcasting on the same frequency

Although
> WLLH may have actually sent the carrier between the sites via coaxial
cable
> at one time, I believe that for many years, the "synchronization" was
> accomplished simply by using extremely well-matched crystals. Lately, the
> carriers have drifted apart and nobody seems to be doing anything about
it.

I hear they are simply oscillating out there on their own, hoping for the
best...and the *beat* goes on.  The Lowell site moved from the roof at 4
Broadway in Lowell to a site next to the Merrimac River and I think the
output was dropped to about 640 watts given the increased conductivity.
The Lawrence site is still roof top with a copper ground plane and a much
older xmtr/sound - alot less clean a sound.  So when you are in the
interference zone, it's fairly easy on even a cheap radio to tell which
xmtr is dominant at the time.  I think it's an 8K line (which explains the
audio degredation since those radio loops can be a 5K at 8K prices...) to
Lawrence with a dial-up for telemetry.  Back in 1986 I was there briefly
during the Country time and lost the Lowell xmtr and still had air mon.
with decent signal coming back from Lawrence.