Groudwave coverage

At 09:59 PM 6/17/97 -0400, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>Which is why the station with the largest groundwave coverage in the
>US is WNAX 570 in Yankton, S.D.

I'd always heard it was KFYR in Bismarck N. Dak.  If I'm not mistaken, that
claim is on their website (www.kfyr.com). Again, low end of the band (550)
with 5000W ND-D, nulled somewhat to the SW nights.  I could pick it up in
central Minn. during the day on a car radio that couldn't get WBZ very well
in Manchester, N.H.

Visited the place in the early 90s, they claimed to be the only station in
America with a working fireplace in the air studio.