Endangered WHAS skywave (Was: re: Formats that would work on AM)

 Doug McElvein wrote, of WHAS:

>3 to 7PM is a
>wonderfully talented guy by the name of Terry Meiners who does bits, skits
>and a whole lot more.

        Amen to that. He's great, and in the winter you can hear the last
couple hours of his show around here.
        I regret to report, however, in the middle of this orgy of love for
WHAS, that WRYM, New Britain, Connecticut, on 840, has a C.P. to add night
service at 120 watts with two towers. They already have a short PSSA, until
sunset at Louisville. I presume it's at a higher power than 120 watts, but
less than their 1 kw daytime power and, like their daytime signal, is
non-directional. WHAS booms into the Northeast so well that even just a few
miles from New Britain it starts to drown out the WRYM PSSA before sunset
at Louisville, so perhaps the loss of service by WHAS will not be too
widespread.