Re: Formats that would work on AM

> I am glad that someone mentioned WHAS - I just "discovered" it about a
>  week ago and have been listening to the Joe Donovan oldies show all night
>  (instead of studying for finals) 	and have found it to be great
>  local radio. There is no music during the day - mostly Rush Limbaugh and
>  other syndicated programming. However, from 7:00PM and later on, it is a
>  great station. Check out http://www.whas.com - great!
>  						Keith Barry

The only daytime syndicated programming on WHAS is Limbaugh.

Wayne Perkey (yes, it's his real name) does morning drive from 5 to 9AM.  9
to Noon is Jane Norris with talk.  Noon to 3, Rush.  3 to 7PM is a
wonderfully talented guy by the name of Terry Meiners who does bits, skits
and a whole lot more.  Tony Cruise has the 7 to 9 Sportstalk segment with Joe
Elliott doing an admirable job talking between 9 and midnight.  Overnights
are still wonderful with Joe Donovan and his thousands of oldies.  The show
should be syndicated!

WHAS really started phasing music out of the daylight dayparts a number of
years ago with their morning drive program.  Next to go were afternoons.
 Then, I went from all music to talk in 1992 during the noon to 3 block.
 Next to go was 9 to noon in 1994.

Clear Channel Communications has 7 (Rick Belcher-P.D. of WHAS...correct me if
I'm wrong) stations and WWKY picks up a lot of the syndicated talk programing
including Dr. Laura, et al.

Doug McElvein
dmcelvein@aol.com