Re: WJIB's Bells

At 04:40 PM 6/9/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, now that you mention it, it strikes me as odd that Emmis would go to
>the trouble of trademarking the bells and not the call letters.  The two
>go hand in hand.
>
>Somehow I have trouble picturing "ding-ding! ding-ding! W-B-C-N..."

What the jibguy could do is put a commercial together that includes the
bells and see if WRKO or WEEI would air it.  Now wait! Don't laugh! The
commercial would "cowtow" to the WRKO/WEEI format such as "You've dialed
(680/850) for the best(sic.) (talk/sports talk) and information in Boston;
and when you want to relax...[THE BELLS]...you turn to 740 ...[THE
BELLS]...WJIB...[THE GULLS](fade to silence)...Have you had your 'JIB today?"
What the heck, what do you have to lose, if they accept it (the commercial)
there's no problem.
If they don't...you are right where you are now.
Am I too naive?