RE: formats that would work on AM

Tony Simon wrote:
..traffic news?? Let's face it, when you're looking for a traffic
report, you never seem to find it, and a station that does it 24 hours
makes it easy...It's been tried, but I feel like it's more of a matter
of trying to find the right way to do it.

<soapbox>

Finding a traffic report in Boston isn't too difficult if you're willing
to accept:

A.  A wait of up to 10 minutes (on the 3's ?)
B.  A report is most likely an average of 5 minutes old.
C.  Certain parts of a traffic report being guesses, fabrications and
extrapolations.
D.  That if "the area you're travelling in" is not mentioned, that
doesn't mean all is well.

I'm not too sure about "All Traffic, All The Time", but I'd sure like it
on a more timely basis e.g. All the traffic every 10 minutes with updates
As They Happen.  And I want the truth, not the old "well, the State
Police have left the scene, so I'll just report traffic as heavy now and
age the report every ten minutes until all is OK an hour later" syndrome.
 Within the last 2 weeks,  BZ reported an accident on 93 in Salem NH with
heavy traffic.  When I went through, there was ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE of
any slowdowns anywhere.  Yet they were still reporting slowdowns every 10
minutes - even after I was on 495 in Tewksbury.

</soapbox>