ARS begins 'NFT LMA

On 2 June 1997 at 12:21 am, you wrote:
>Actually, it's a smart move.  Should give an extra half point or point in
>ARS's portfolio of conglomerated ratings.  Makes more sense to // AAF than
>KLB; by bringing in a somewhat unduplicated format from one market ot
>another.

Makes sense, seeing WAAF has no signal into metropolitan Boston, especially
South Boston and any part of the city, save maybe West Roxbury. In fact, I
hope they keep the simulcast so I can hear 'AAF on a consistent basis.

>Maybe there's something to this!  Remember WNTN in the mid 70's?  After BCN
>went more mainstream, and WNTN played the TRUE progressive (or REgressive,
>depending upon you look at it) rock.   Now I know I'm comparing apples and
>oranges here.... 1975 vs 1997, but AM WILL ALWAYS WORK IF something DIFFERENT
>is done with it!!!

Back in the days when Howard Stern was working there (albeit briefly) as
midday DJ. Bob, did you work with him?

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/269-4045
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net
seans@magneto.cybersmith.com