Re: WHEB-AM...RIP

At 06:42 PM 5/31/97 +0000, you wrote:

>This -almost- caused the demise of WDGY in Minneapolis.  The transmitter
>site was sold for use as an office park of some or other purpose, and
>the station went dark for a while.  It would have stayed that way, had
>not someone bought the station, and found a suitable xmitter site (which
>was done a few months ago).

Are you referring to the AM 630 in the twin cities (now KDWB, Hudson WI)?
That station was KDWB for a _long_ time, but I think it had the WDGY calls
for a while before it went dark--after the AM 1130 up there gave up the WDGY
calls. I think 1130 is now KFAN or something like that. 1130 also moved its
TX, but, as far as I know, it did not go dark. The Hudson incarnation of 630
is a pale shadow of the former version, which was 5 kW-D/500W-N DA-2 (using
a six-tower array or something like that). The current version is, I
believe, 500W-D/130W-N DA-2 using two towers and simulcasting from the site
of a co-owned station (WMIN? 740) that, as far as I know, is also licensed
to Hudson WI.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205