Re: WHEB-AM not wanted.....

At 03:30 PM 5/29/97 -0500, Bump Martin wrote:

>But if someone wanted it....they could of always purchased it from
>Knight.  And probably got it for a very small price....

The way I heard the story, the FCC had nothing to do with it, it was a local
zoning issue.  'HEB wanted to upgrade the FM's signal with a higher tower,
but the Portsmouth planning board vetoed it.  A compromise was reached where
they could increase the height of the FM tower only if they took down the AM
tower.  Since by this point the AM was merely dead weight, they didn't
consider it much of a loss.

If someone had bought it they would have had to find a new tx site & fight
all the zoning battles all over again.  Hardly worth it for a 1kW daytimer.