AM Daytime DX

I'm not an engineer, nor in the Radio business, so someone expain the
following:

In Boston (South End/Downtown) I can receive CHSJ/700 StJohn,NB ("Country
700) VERY well, and can aslo get, although less well CHTN/720 Charlottetown
PEI
(Oldies Station) but once I leave the city proper heading back to NH can no
longer pick up, and cannot pickup in Derry NH. (Although Nightime DXing
gets WLW/Cincinnati at 700, I CAN get CHTN at 720, but only at night)

Thanks,
Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH