WBOS Formats

I wouldn't be surpirsed if 'BOS changed (they seem to me to be morphing to
a harder-edged rock sound (but not like a 'BCN/FNX/AAF)

WBOS could never decide on a format....

Vinny Peruzzi (sp?) had WBOS dancing to disco in the fall of '78,
but they dumped the format just as KISS (WXKS-FM) went on the air.

WBOS went to an AOR format in Jan 1982 as "92.9FM" not mentioning the calls
except for legal ID's
Then they morphed to a "soft-rock" format, and then actually went "Modern
Rock" up against the then new 'FNX in spring of 1983.

Then on 7/14/83 (don't ask me why, but I remember) the swiched to country
without ANY warning, where they would stay until April 1989
(Remeber they played "Take this job and shove it" by Johnny Paycheck over
and over the last day (to purge listeners, I guess))went they went to
soft-rock.

My guess if it wasn't for the "BOS" calls, each switch would have been done
with a Call switch as well (I'd assume the "WBOS" calls will be on 92.9 no
matter what format they play)

Paul Hopfgarten
Derry NH