WBOS changing its tune?

<<On Mon, 26 May 1997 19:24:15 -0400, "Scott Ehrlich" <sehrlich@shore.net> said:

> I heard a song by Dead or Alive on WBOS today.  I never pictured that
> station playing something that "hard" before (for them).  Are they changing
> their style?

> I always saw BOS as a bit softer - a station which sounds like a mixture
> between 106.7 and 101.7.

Remember we're talking about WBOS here---the station that hasn't known
what it wanted to be since the CW format some years back... Maybe
they've finally decided that they were tired of competing against ARS
and are now going up against former owners CBS instead...  Or maybe
it's just the Greater doesn't have any better idea of what market role
the station ought to fill than its prececessors.  It had seemed to me
that the best thing for them to do with the station would be to leave
it alone, and thereby paint ARS' Mix into a formatic corner by
surrounding it with its AC outlets.  Certainly under Infinity 'BOS was
very clearly positioned up against Mix.

- -GAWollman

- --