Re: WFNX

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Steve Sawyer wrote:
> One thing puzzles me, where does accuratings get it's numbers from?  I
> could have sworn WBZ and WRKO were Numbers 1 and 2 in the
> fall '96 book respectively, but I'll verify that with R&R online.

Those are 12+ numbers, not 25 - 54.  We brag about our 12+ numbers because
we do pretty well in that category, but the truth is that few advertisers
care about anything but 25 - 54.

AccuRatings is based on telephone surveys, as opposed to Arbitron's
mail-in diaries.

> Public radio, despite what it's fans believe, is really not all that
> popular.

That's true for WGBH and most public stations in other markets.  WBUR's
all-news format, however, is very popular.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com