WFNX

With all of this discussion of WFNX, has anyone ever thought that it might
be the perfect station to convert over to the so-called hot talk format.
Phoenix Media just added a syndicated talk-show,
"Loveline," to the lineup, from 10-12 Tuesday-Thursday. Add in their "One
In Ten" program on Monday, and their could be a basis for a generation-X
talk station that might compete with (gasp) WRKO.

That could be a false idea, though, because if they were, why would they
let Tai slip out of their hands to a potential rival? Feel free to expond
folks.

Also, since I am a non-engineering type, I will ask the technological folks
this question: How would going mono improve their coverage area? Would some
of it have to do with this multipath I always hear talk about? And why not
just stick their antenna downtown then instead of in Malden?

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net
seans@magneto.cybersmith.com