7 News on WBZ?

<<On Wed, 14 May 1997 22:10:50 -0400 (EDT), Alexander R Svirsky <asvirsky@student.umass.edu> said:

> This afternoon I heard an advertisement for "7 News" on WBZ radio.  It
> would have been strange enough by itself, but it played not too long
> after hearing Jack Williams tell me why I should watch "News 4" tonight.
> Weird, no?

Not really...  If you listen at the right time of day, you will hear
spots for all of the Boston TV stations on WBZ radio... I'm certain
the TV people aren't too pleased about that, but in Uncle Mel's regime
(or Uncle Mike's, for that matter), a buck is a buck is a buck.
You'll also hear John Keller, in his daily 7:58 commentary chat with Deb
Lawler, occasionally plug his reports on WLVI's ``Ten O'Clock News''.

- -GAWollman

- --