RE: WVBF

PETER GEORGE WROTE:

But fortunately, 105.7 (after a painful stint as a Country Station) is
playing the hits as WROR.  Personally, I like it.

As a long-time listener to radio (and most formats i.e. Top 40, Soul,
Jazz, Rock, Dance, Rap, Reggae, Disco, Big Band, Oldies, Alternative &
Country), I still find many people refer to Country Music (in Boston) as
painful.  Why?  Is this personal musical taste or commentary on a
station's bad approach to a legitimate format?  Loren & Wally may not
have liked country music themselves, but I think their approach &
delivery were top notch.  On the other hand, their comments after country
was dropped were most unprofessional e.g. "Boy, are we glad we don't have
to play that stuff anymore."  IMHO it would have been more mature to drop
the issue and move forward - rather than grousing.

Roger Kirk a.k.a. The Wizard Of Music
rkirk@videoserver.com
lizarddj@tiac.net