WORL...And Ken Carter(s)

>On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, supersport@eb101.com wrote:
>
>  1965 or so they were a Top 40 daytimer and were an alternative to BZ and
>MEX. Ron Rayburn (sp?) did afternoons and I "believe" Ken Carter also
>pulled a shift. If I recall it was sometime in 1966 they changed calls to
>WRYT.

The Someone else wrote:
<<
Ken Carter owns WROL and the whole Carter network. His real name is Ken
Carbury.
He's an attorney, and he sometimes appears on the station as Attorney Ken
Carbury.
<<

I think the attorney is the son of Ken Carter, the owner of the 'Carter
Network'.
He did some weekend jock work here and there....and also does wedding gigs,
and has a small prduction company with Jordan Rich (remember him?).

I think his production company produces those 'lawyer' spots....and he saves
a talent fee by doing them himself...<g>