Re: FM DX.

>Is this urban myth or what?  A tech once said that it's possible to fry a
>rodent  who climbs a 'dark' stick which later becomes hot (pattern change)
>and then climbs down with the misfortune of not hopping off the side of the
>radiator near the bottom....

Theoretically possible, but I've never heard of it actually happening.

However, I remember that in 1982 (it may have been '83), during my time at
WBOS, a squirrel gnawed through a power line and took the station off the
air for several hours.  Fried squirrel, anyone?

I've also found the remains of mice inside transmitters, usually on (or
near) high voltage points.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com